Sunday, May 5, 2013

Currently...





Drinking: Earl Grey Creme from Teavana. Heaven in a cup, I swear.

Listening to: Patsy Cline's Greatest Hits on vinyl, played on a 1956 Magnavox console turntable. Pretty sure it doubles as a time machine, because it definitely doesn't feel like 2013 in here.

Thinking about: applying to teach a class on behaviorism at OTC. It may be too specific for a community college, but I really liked teaching when I subbed at MSU in grad school. Really, like I need more to do.

Talking to: my brother, via text. I can't even begin to tell you how much I miss this guy since he's moved away. Life.is.not.fair.

Obsessing over: houses. We aren't anywhere near ready to buy a house, but I still scour Trulia daily. (BTW, there is a PERFECT one on there right now, and it's KILLING me.) In college, I thought I never wanted to buy a house, because I couldn't stand the thought of being so "settled" in one place....but now it's pretty much all I think about. Apartment life is getting to me.

Wishing for: longer weekends. Whoever decided that we should work 40 hours a week to be considered "full time" needs kicked in the nether-regions. I need more time for cleaning/ embroidering/ doing projects/ blogging/ listening to music/ cooking/ reading/ drinking tea/ etc. Seriously now.



6 comments :

  1. 40 hour-weeks really do suck... Let's all be freelancers! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow, Jess! A '56 Magnavox Console - I'm having vinyl envy, at the moment! I can't imagine what my original Marty Robbins Gunfighter Ballads would sound like on that time machine. I have much music envy now. Patsy on vinyl can only be compared to Jim Reeves on vinyl. Wowsers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I got it for a steal at a local antique store. There was a sign on it that said it needed a new belt, so I really bought it with the intention of removing the existing turntable and putting a new one in. Once we got it to the apartment, Ethan came over to see it and started tinkering around and it runs fine now! Neither one of us are sure what he did! Haha. It still acts a little quirky now and then, but it sounds so warm. Love it. You can kinda see it in the background of that picture up there, but I have some more pictures in this post if you want to see them:

      http://moreorlessjess.blogspot.com/2013/04/i-finally-bought-turntable.html

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love teavana! So good. And totally with you on obsessing over houses. Looking at MLS is one of my guilty pleasures, even though we're not in the market. Also, YES to longer weekends! I can't believe how long this week is already haha.

    Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teavana is amazing! One just arrived at our local mall, and it's dangerous on my wallet! I have 4-day weekends every week (I work four 10-hr days), and it still seems like the weekends are flying by and weekdays are dragging. Hey, we made it to Wednesday, though, right?

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished