Friday, March 15, 2013

flashback friday: a college playlist

I hated high school, but college was awesome. I made some of the best friends I've ever had, hung out backstage at concerts, drank waaaaaaay too much (coffee, sillies!), heard Sara Bareilles play in a Borders in Chicago, and even took a trip to England.  (Oh yeah, and I read some books, took some tests, and got a degree.) I've been organizing some pictures lately, and looking through them has me more than a little nostalgic. Here are a few of my favorites:



Do you ever have moments that you just wish you could relive over and over? Those are some of mine. Photos and music are two of the closest things I have to being able to actually do that. Damien Rice puts me right back in England. Listening to The Killers has me dancing at a Halloween party at the Skinny Improv. I hear Regina Spektor, and suddenly I'm walking around alone in downtown Chicago. So in honor of music's power of nostalgia, here is my (abbreviated) college soundtrack:



College Days by Jess on Grooveshark

**Edit: Just found out from a friend that the above link doesn't work in mobile, so if you're using a mobile browser, you can listen here. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished