Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Around Town: Elle's Patisserie

Tyler and I went to Elle's Patisserie for the first time a couple weeks ago, and it instantly became my favorite place to get ice cream in Springfield.  Tyler agreed that this is our new spot, and I thought it would take an act of God to make him want to go anywhere but Coldstone.


The thing is, I don't really like ice cream that much; it's too sweet, and there's always too much. Not to mention the brain-freeze. Elle's might change my mind, though. The serving sizes are perfect, and the flavors are the best--they even have lavender! As you might remember from my recent post, I love the taste of lavender, and this ice cream was super refreshing. Sweet, but not too sweet. Tyler had some salted caramel ice cream (which was also amazing), and my brother showed up and got cream soda ice cream, which was probably my second favorite. There aren't many places that can satisfy both Tyler's sweet tooth and my not-too-sweet tooth, but we found one!


Elle's also has some other sweet treats including truffles, pastries, brownies,coffees, and even chocolate covered potato chips & bacon! (We tried the chocolate-covered bacon, and it was actually surprisingly good!) The owner's husband, who is as nice as can be, was behind the counter, and he chatted with us for a bit. Overall, it was one of my favorite experiences anywhere in Springfield. I used to live right around the corner (long before Elle's existed), and it's probably a good thing I don't anymore....otherwise, my clothes probably wouldn't fit after a few weeks, and I wouldn't have any money left. We'll still be back often, though!


If you're in Springfield and want to check out Elle's, it's a1454 E. Cherry Street, (between National and Glenstone) on the south side of the street. 








No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished