Wednesday, February 6, 2013

sick day: a whiny post.


Is there anything worse than a sick day? Well, besides being sick at work, I guess. I'm burning up and freezing at the same time, coughing and sneezing up a storm, my inner ears itch, and I suspect someone lined my throat with razor blades while I was sleeping. I showered, but still feel like I rolled around in a germ pit,  I sound like a hoarse mouse when I try to talk, and I'm pretty sure I've killed acres of the Amazon rainforest with all the tissues I've used this morning. SO gross.

This is my first winter working at a job with kiddos, and I swear they manufacture germs. My mom (and coworkers) told me to prepare to be sick a lot the first year, and I've always had a wimpy immune system, but daaaaaaaaaaang, man. I can't get a break! I think I have about 1.5 hours of sick time left or something. I went ahead and went in yesterday (which I pretty much instantly decided was a mistake), but today I caved. I haven't moved from the couch in about 3 hours.

We went to Target last night, looking for Theraflu Vapor Patches, but they were no where to be found. I looked online for some kind of explanation, but I could only find (unconfirmed) rumors of a recall/plant closing. Bummer. We picked up some Vicks, which works just as well, but I hate the way it feels. Can I put in a request for a lotion version? 


So these are my main forms of medication: Earl Grey + ice cream.  And soup + sleep + warm blankets. Oh, and enough Nyquil to kill a small dog. I have no complaints about any of that business...especially since it's my husband's day off and he has appointed himself my nurse/butler/caretaker.


Any good home remedies out there that I should know about?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished