Sunday, January 13, 2013

birthday love.

(As luck would have it, our internet has been out all weekend, so I'm typing this blog on my phone. Requesting forgivesies on any typos/grammer errors/autocorrect embarrassments.)

Today is my video-game-playing, super-hero-obsessed, cartoon-watching, hot-wing-cooking, soda-addicted, incredibly wonderful, loving, supportive, handsome, amazing husband's birthday.

I am so so so incredibly lucky to have him. I definitely got the better end of the deal. It's crazy to imagine that just a few years ago I was happily single with no desire to ever be married. I liked my life the way it was; I trusted myself to make good decisions for my life, and I didn't like the thought of giving another person significant power in my choices, finances, or future. That's not to say that I never took advice from people I trust and respect, but there was a certain security in knowing that ultimately, the decisions that would affect my life in major ways were all mine.

Then I met Tyler, and he completely changed my mind, life, and future--all for the better. We just fit. It was comfortable. He was intelligent, responsible, and insightful, and I began to trust him. None of the sacrifices I thought I would be making in getting married felt like sacrifices. We've been married for a little over 7 months, and I'm still a little in awe of it. It's not always perfect, but it's right.


He lets me be me, even if "me" is having a good day, a bad day, a crazy day, a sick day, or a too-independent day. And he loves me the same no matter what day it is. He puts me, and us, above himself. He wants my happiness. He does stupid dances to make me laugh when I'm in a bad mood. He supports my crazy whims and dreams, and takes my goals and makes them his own. He eats my cooking when it's great, good, or not-so-good, and smiles the whole time. He does little things (and big things) just to make my day better.

So today is for celebrating him the way he should be celebrated every day. Happy birthday, Tyler. I love you always.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished