Saturday, December 22, 2012

ghosts of christmas past

My love of Christmas started waaaay young. Christmas has always held sort of a magic. Even when I was in high school, long past the days of believing in Santa Claus, I would tell my mom that she couldn't put any presents under the tree until I was asleep on Christmas Eve. HIGH SCHOOL. I'd even go to bed around 8:00 so she would do it and not have to stay up late. Even right now, I'm trying to think of a way to convince Tyler to do that for me next year. Yes, I am a woman-child. I look forward immensely to doing it for my kids someday. 

I'm also nostalgic to the point that it might be pathological. I watch our wedding videos about once a week. I have Tyler reminisce about our early dating days on an almost daily basis. I LOVE looking through childhood photos, and always pull them out when I'm at my mom's or (both) grandma's. My childhood was objectively moderately dysfunctional, and subjectively really freaking awesome. Not that I don't love my life now, because I absolutely do; I just love looking back and seeing all the experiences that have brought me to this point. It's one thing to go over a memory, and another to see a tangible piece of that memory. (Anyone realizing why deciding between history and psychology as undergraduate majors was almost impossible?)

Anyway, here are a few of the pictures of tiny (and not-as-tiny) Jessica during Christmases over the years.









 I'm pretty sure, even as a 10-year-old, that I recognized this as being the creepiest Santa ever. 
Check out that body language.






What are some of your favorite Christmas memories?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished